You already know that you need to watch whatever you ingest in order to get a lean abdominal area. But you probably also realized that doing crunches on top of dieting is not working….
Here are some alternatives to crunches!
This one is pretty fun.
- Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent and hands extended towards ceiling. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
- Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench. Also raise legs up towards ceiling and attempt to touch your hands to your feet.
- Return to start position.
Alternating Toe Touch
I love the way this one looks
- Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with feet up into the air. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
- Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench. Extend one arm and reach for the opposite foot. Return to start position and repeat with other hand.
- Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion may cause injury. To increase resistance, hold medicine ball in hands. To decrease resistance, position hand closer towards body
Always a classic
- Start by placing your forearms on the ground and forming a plank with your forearms and feet.
- Hold this position keeping your body parallel to the ground for the required time.
Jump up, up and up
- From a standing position, jump as high as possible and land down on your feet with your hands on the ground.
- Kick your feet back. For a moment you will be in a push up position and jump back up again as fast as possible.
- Repeat for the required repetitions.
So for those of you who are normally on top…..
- Start in a plank position with your elbows and forearms on the ground, your body parallel to the floor and up on your toes.
- Make sure your belly button is drawn in toward your spine and raise your hips up into the air and hold for a 1 second count.
- Return to the starting and repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Supine Double Leg Raise
So you’ll be able to put your legs on his shoulders with ease
- Start by lying on your back and a slight bend in your knees.
- Raise your legs to a perpendicular position to the floor. This is your starting position.
- Slowly lower your legs until you are no longer able to keep your abs tight and your low back on the floor.
- Raise your legs back up to the starting position and repeat.
- Only lower your legs as far as your abs have enough strength for.
Consult your physician before you start any workout program.
Begin by changing your diet. Getting sculpted, sexy abs is first and foremost about having low body fat which is going to be achieved by changing your diet. Cut out the processed foods and eat six to eight small meals throughout the day to rev up your metabolism.
Eat more waist-slimming foods. Beans, berries and other foods that are high in fiber have been shown to be the best in getting rid of that belly fat and help you get the sexy stomach you’re looking for.
Get creative with the cardio. To get your body fat down do a high intensity cardio workout for 30 to 45 minutes a day, six days a week. Try interval training since it burns more calories then traditional cardio. Check out Exercise.About.com for great tips on creating an interval training program.
Create an ab routine that you like and can live with. Exercise.About.com has a list of the ten best abdominal workouts. Any combination of these a few times a week will get you the sculpted, sexy abs you’re looking for.
Change your ab workout every six to eight weeks. Your body adjusts to workouts and they become less effective.
a.There’s no need to do hundreds of crunches or other ab workouts every day. Just find a few exercises that you like and do one set of each a few times a week and you will start seeing some sexy abs.
b.Spot reducing isn’t going to help you. You can do all the crunches in the world but if you don’t reduce your body fat you will just have really great abs that no one can see.
c.Recognize that having great abs is also about genetics. Having sexy abs isn’t the same look for everyone, so don’t get distressed if your stomach isn’t looking like your favorite stars or athletes. Follow the above steps and you will have the best abs your genes will allow.
Some great news for you, as getting ripped abs or abdominal muscles, which are toned, strong and outstanding is possible now. The training, diet, hydration and rest are some keys to achieve this.
26 practical tips
Consider the following 26 tips to improve these aspects and your dream of achieving flat and perfect abs will not be far away.
1. If you are a beginner, learn to perform the exercises correctly.
2. Limit your abdominal training to basic movements.
3. When doing sit-ups, do not put your hands on your neck and rather keep them near or on the side of the head or crossed on the chest.
4. The neck should be straight in line with the trunk when performing these abdominal exercises.
5. When you are performing abdominal contractions, raise the trunk without bending the neck.
6. Do not elevate the body using the lumbar muscles.
7. If you have trouble doing so, don’t worry, as this is the time when your stomach starts tightening.
8. Make slow and controlled movements to avoid getting tired easily.
9. Maintain the position of maximum contraction to increase the work of the muscles as it encourages the development of power in your muscles.
10. Slowly and gradually increase the intensity of your workout.
11. Include a variety in your abdominal routine, for example a different workout for upper abs and different workout for lower parts of abs and different one for the obliques.
12. Train your abs to the maximum strength, first the weaker bottom, then the obliques and finally the top.
13. The above suggestion is not strict, as you can vary the exercises and the order of execution to perform them.
14. Make the repetitions necessary to achieve muscle fatigue and if you can get over 25, you should start adding difficulty in implementation.
15. If you want to add strength and build muscle, you can work with weights or loads.
16. Rest is must for 20 to 45 seconds between repetitions and may vary depending on your physical condition.
17. Include recovery periods between workouts.
18. Leave at least 48 hours of rest between each session: two or three days a week is enough.
19. Control your breathing, by breathing out through your mouth when you make the contraction and inhaling through the nose when you relax.
20. Once you will control your breathing, you will be able to increase intensity of your exercise significantly.
21. Do not use the hip flexors, try to feel like you are squeezing your abs and not pulling the muscles.
22. Avoid extended leg lifts and excessive twisting, as they are ineffective and highly prejudicial.
23. Always do your abs with legs bent and knees bent when you perform the exercise.
24. Make curl up to 30 degrees.
25. Some people do not see good results even after exerting themselves and it is because they do not do their abdominal exercises in a proper way. They can hire a personal trainer for motivation and guided instructions. A person who is training well starts seeing results in about a month.
26. Control what you eat and this cannot be achieved without following a proper diet.