The best Bloody Mary Cocktail
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) tomato juice.
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) vodka.
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated horseradish.
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco.
- 1 pinch salt.
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper.
- About 1 cup ice cubes.
What kind of vodka do you use for Bloody Marys?
- A shaker or stirring glass
- Long glass
- 2 parts Grey Goose vodka
- 4 parts organic tomato juice
- ½ part fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 4 dashes of Tabasco (or hot pepper sauce)
- Pinch of fleur de sel (or sea salt)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Some cubed ice
- To garnish: Celery, ground black pepper and fresh aromatic herbs
How to mix
- Add plenty of ice and all of your ingredients to a shaker or stirring glass
- If you’re using a shaker, tilt it backwards and forwards a few times to mix the ingredients without making the drink frothy. If you’re stirring, you can do so vigorously
- Pour the mix into a glass. Top up with fresh ice if it’s not quite full
- Add your garnishes. Any fresh herbs and a celery stick work well
- Tabasco tip: if you’re making Bloody Marys for a group of people, make a jug without spice and let people add their own Tabasco. Some like it hot, others not so much!